Monday, January 2, 2012

Week 8, Session 9 - Robot Arm (Part 1)

Our first rigged character, this weeks assignment was to simply block out our animation. There was a major emphasis on workflow and the timing and spacing of our keys. The graph editor was also very important in doing this assignment well.

Check out the video:

 When deciding how to move this character I thought about what emotions I was feeling about this assignment. I related to the claw because he's given a simple task to do move this can over there and he just wants to do the minimum to make his overseer proud. However when I tried to do the very minimum in movements I kept hitting things with the robot arm. He became very clumsy and short sighted and like me when he goofed big time in knocking over the can he reactedin shock and horror at his own mistakes. I can be something of a perfectionist and get over focused on little details with a bit of foresight and planning I can avoid my own little mistakes.

 In fact, to make this assignment look better I animated the can to follow the crane in its movements, however this would be something to correct on our next assignment when we're introduced to... constraints.

 Thanks for reading and Happy Animating,
Max

No comments:

Post a Comment