Thursday, November 17, 2011

Week 5 - Session 3

Assignment 3: Cameras

1. Build a set
2. Poses your Character in the set
and
3. Place three cameras in the scene and lock their positions

Here are the three pictures from my cameras perspective.

Camera 1

Camera 2

Camera 3

and I added a fourth camera just for practice.
 Camera 4

 This set is based on my room at home. Though originally I wanted to put this clubbing high roller character, as I introduced him before, in a night club or bar, I decided it would be easier and more rewarding to look for a closer source of inspiration. I'm glad I did to, looking at real furniture and construction gave me plenty of realistic details I would have had trouble designing in the time I had.

I actually really enjoyed modeling the furniture. The hardest one was the bed's mattress. I just wanted a rounded rectangle but it had to be the right kind of round. It took me a few attempts to get the edge loop tool to give the proper effect to the round render shape from the "2" key but I was happy with the result; until it didn't show in the render.


Oh well, it shows up later.

The door is surprisingly easy to make actually, using the extrude tool from the wall. Of course it cant be opened that way, but in the future I'll be sure to extrude the patterns of doors to there own shapes.

Thanks for reading,
Max

No comments:

Post a Comment