Monday, July 9, 2012

Class 2 weeks 8-12 Just keep Pulling


I've been on break from AM for almost a week and it's time to get pumped.

What better way can that be done then to recap my last assignment from Class 2

Here's the final shot Submitted in Week 12


First Spline Pass

Blocking Plus 

Original Blocking

The most interesting things about the making of this shot were:

1. Keeping my ego in check when your Mentor's ideas are better then your original ones.
2. Exaggeration, Exaggeration, Exaggeration.
3. Playing to the camera.
4. Working in a cartoony style.

Looking at this shot and my previous dance shot, I realize, so far, I like my blocking passes better then my finals.
Something seems to get lost when I go into spline. It becomes smooth with very little texture, as apposed to blocking, which is naturally sharp and surprising.
It is very likely that what I'm seeing is me not attending to my timing and spacing, while trying to build appealing poses, and smooth transitions between poses.

This Term, Class 3, I will bring more attention to poses early on, so I can focus on the timing and spacing as my work progresses from blocking to animation.

Variety, texture, and entertainment value. Those are the goals.

Thanks for stopping by,
--Max



"Yeah, thanks for visiting. Next time bring milk."

No comments:

Post a Comment